Article by Eliza Phernetton
6 Steps to Release Anxiety Through Meditation
Meditation is becoming a popular practice for many athletes, artists, and even business people. It has long been known as a tool to help keep the mind sharp and devoid of negativity. You’d be surprised what a few moments of peaceful reflection can do to a mind set on stress and anxiety.
However, unless you’re a Shaolin monk, most people have feelings of uncertainty when it comes to the proper techniques for an effective meditation session. No matter what your goal is for meditation, there are many common characteristics shared in all approaches:
1. Isolate YourselfGet away from other people. Some people like mediation groups, but I find these to be distracting for most. No matter how much internal focus you have, you will always be mentally responding to incoming stimuli from other people. Most people also find it more comfortable to meditate alone.
2. Find Your Happy PlaceThis can be hard in our modern age, especially if you live in a city. Indoors versus Outdoors – this is entirely up to you. I being inside to avoid noisy birds and screeching automobile tires, but some find it more beneficial to be “one with nature”. If there aren’t any quite places near where you are, isolation tanks are great ways to cut yourself off from incoming stimuli.
3. To Jam or Not to Jam – Not to JamI find music distracting when meditating, as I would expect most musicians to. It is easiest to do away with anxiety when you can truly focus on your thoughts and analyze that X stimuli is causing Y emotion. However, if you find that music really puts you in the right mood, go for it – it’s all about preference.
4. Position Yourself How You Want ToThe full lotus position doesn’t really matter here; mediation for anxiety relief is more about reflection then having no thoughts at all. Sitting, standing, or even laying down – it all works. The key here is to find the most relaxing position for you. If you can relax your body, you can relax y our mind .
5. Take As Long As You Need ToDon’t make a pre-set time period. If you say, “I’m going to meditate for half an hour today,” you’re going to be thinking about how long it’s been since you sat down instead of what’s causing you to be anxiety. It doesn’t matter if it takes two hours or just ten seconds.
6. Learn What You Can ControlYou control how anxious a situation makes you. Be conscious of things in your life are fixable and which ones are simply beyond your control. Neither situation requires you to be anxious. Realize that all you need to do is make a decision and then act upon it.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be anxiety-free before you know it
About the Author
Learn how to leave anxiety behind for good here.
Relaxation And Meditation Music – Tranquillity Part 2
*** www.freemp3meditationdownloads.com *** Claim Your 10 Free Relaxation and Meditation Mp3 Downloads Now For An Out Of This World Guided Meditation And Relaxation Experience That’s Yours To Keep Forever Then Just Click The Link Above Now This piece of music is fused with mild Binaural, Monaural and Isochronic tones. These types of tones stimulate the brain and comfort the mind helping you to get into a more tranquil and settled state for a deep relax. Only at this state can you truly feel free powerful, focused and ready to explore you In a nut shell these sounds get your brain waves closer to the theta relaxation and deep meditation brain wave needed to truly unwind and focus you. This short video blends all these type of tones to bring you a fuller and more complete overall relaxation state. Remember for the best results you should wear headphones Don’t Forget To Claim Your 10 Free Relaxation and Meditation Mp3 Downloads – Click Below For Instant Access *** http ***
Video Rating: 4 / 5