Article by Charlene J. Nuble
Doctors strongly suggests people who have been diagnosed with arthritis to keep on regulating their body functions by exercising. In doing so, the deterioration of their joints won’t be as grave. By exercising on a daily basis, a person diagnosed with arthritis combats the bacteria that are slowly inflaming his joints and tendons.
Normally, hospitals recommend arthritis patients to sign up for an arthritis exercise fitness programs. These programs encourage them to walk for a good solid hour three times a week. Other exercises include weight lifting. It is an arduous task but in doing so, this benefits the patient to be stronger.
Studies show that by exercising, the arthritis patient continues to be dependent and function on a normal state. As opposed to those who mope around and dwell on the fact that they have arthritis, they eventually became immobile and seek out the help of others to do simple personal activities such as getting out of bed, taking a shower and dressing.
Yoga, brought to mainstream attention by pop icon Madonna, is an alternative exercise arthritis patients can consider.
Yoga requires the use of special postures such as stretching and aligning the body. By doing so, the body is strengthened and that is what a person with arthritis must be aiming for. Yoga also uses breathing and meditation. This helps the mind to be focused and also relaxes the individual.
People of any age and background have fun with yoga. As it turns out, people with arthritis are also recently discovering the thrill from this body-bender. It not only calms your thoughts, it also tones the muscles. Jessica Alba, watch out
Here are some tips for a person who has arthritis but does yoga. 1. If it is hard for you to sit in a cross-legged posture, simply wrap your legs around your head. Yoga can be customized. As long as the person is comfortable in doing the activity and is doing it properly, there are no specific rules that must be followed. Yoga is not the army. Th e goal o f yoga is to relax your body but at the same time also tone your muscles without straining it too much.
2. People wonder whether yoga can help alleviate arthritis symptoms. At the moment, a study was conducted on the matter. Its results were published in a Western medical journal. The study involved 17 participants with arthritis.
The group showed a decrease in the pain that they were feeling after participating in yoga. Yoga not only enhanced their strength and flexibility, it also gave them a better sense of well-being. It also made them feel powerful and not weak, as what most arthritis patients often convince themselves as.
3. If you feel sore after participating in a yoga class, do not worry. That is normal. Since the class required you to use a lot of your muscles, feeling pain at your joints and tendons does not mean something is off. It only means that you conducted yoga in the right way.
4. Find a good yoga class. Some people buy a video and try to do it by themselves. This is not advisable. One needs an experienced instructor in order for the person to show the proper way of doing the activity. This lessens the risk of obtaining an injury,
5. Because of the popularity of yoga in the United States, there are various styles to choose from. Choose one that is right for you. Do not push yourself too hard. If it is difficult, then try another style. People with arthritis has to take classes that approach the subject matter in a gradual manner.
6. Arthritis patients must also seek the advice of their doctors on whether the yoga style they chose is appropriate for them. Also, he must discuss the limitations he might experience with his yoga instructor.
—————————————-Note: This article may be freely reproduced as long as the AUTHOR’S resource box at the bottom of this article is included and and all links must be Active/Linkable with no syntax changes.—————————————–
About the Author
Charlene J. Nuble
For All the things you need to know about arthritis, please go to: Arthritis Exercise
Yoga for Your Shoulders – Breath Work
LIMITED TIME ONLY Jasmine V App .99 mhlo.co www.facebook.com Like us onFacebook Check out our official Mahalo page: www.mahalo.com Looking for a new way to stay healthy and get in shape? Maybe yoga is the exercise you’ve been looking for? Mahalo’s personal yoga instructor Kimberly Fowler, the founder of YAS Fitness, teaches you yoga poses and workouts from her book “The No Om Zone”. In this video she shows you how to do breath work. Next video: Yoga for Your Shoulders – Reverse Prayer Pose: www.youtube.com How to Practice Yoga Playlist: www.youtube.com Check out these related Mahalo pages: Yoga for Your Shoulders – Breath Work: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Reverse Prayer Pose: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Downward-Facing Dog Pose: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Upward-Facing Dog Pose: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Side-Angle Pose with a Twist: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Inclined Plane Pose: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Seated Spinal Twist Pose: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Easy Spinal Twist: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders – Corpse Pose: www.mahalo.com Yoga for Your Shoulders 10 Minute Workout Routine: www.mahalo.com Check out more playlists from Mahalo.com: Learn Biology: www.youtube.com Car Maintenance: www.youtube.com Cooking With Vegetables: www.youtube.com How to Cook: www.youtube.com How to Play Guitar Songs: www.youtube.com How to Play Piano Songs: www.youtube.com …
Video Rating: 5 / 5