Article by Roberto Sedycias
Yoga has begun to be considered as one of the greatest boons upon mankind. It is a very old practice, and still has millions of followers spread out across the whole wide world. The reason is very simple. People feel that yoga and body fitness work in tune with each other. A daily dose of yoga can work wonders for the diseased body and for the troubled mind as well. There is nothing so good as a session of meditation, which can help ease out the stiffness of the body and the mind. Even if your body does not suffer from any kind of acute illnesses, it is still worth finding out how yoga and body fitness work in tandem.
Let us take a quick look at the several reasons which make yoga so appealing:
1. All day our mind suffers stress and tension, be it personal or professional. Yoga helps in clearing out all the clutter from our mind and makes it absolutely clear and calm, ready to take on any challenge
2. Yoga can help tons to people who are nervous or are vulnerable to panic attacks. It simplifies breathing and restores normalcy in the body.
3. Obesity is a problem faced by many. Over weight people can resort to yoga and see how body fitness is not a faraway dream. It steadily burns excess calories from the body and helps you to regain the lost stamina required for various exercises.
4. Yoga can lead to having a better diet and food habits. One, who regularly performs yoga, can gradually learn to self control his/her diet and thereby have a fit body.
5. Our body acts as a machine to the various challenges or tasks that it faces each day. It needs a certain tonic which can rejuvenate it before the onset of a strenuous day, and yoga has all the qualities in it to become an energy boosting tonic for the body. In short, yoga and body fitness, are in a way essential for people who need to thrive in a competitive world.
6. To view yoga`s importance from a much broader angle, it can well be said that it helps purify the soul. It supports a person in achieving contentment and peace within this materialistic world.
Yoga literally means fusion – it is a fusion of our body and mind achieved through various postures. It is just a regular exercise which needs focus on our part. Yoga does not take up much time, but requires immense devotion while doing it. Many of us fail to understand the fact that performing yoga and body fitness are interconnected, but it is true.
A fit body and mind can recognize the worth of a devoted session of yoga done regularly. The results begin to show very soon but that does not mean that yoga should be discontinued after the problems disappear. It should be viewed as a habit which needs to inculcate within. If performed daily, our body shall remain prepared to face any disease/challenge. Both, yoga and body fitness should be every person`s lifelong partner.
However there are some first time precautions which need to be taken care of before venturing into yoga. These precautions are very important, if you consider yoga and body fitness to be perpetual: Make sure that you have no injury before starting the yoga sessions; Preferably, Yoga should be done with empty stomach; Perform the yoga postures barefoot. It yields best results and prevents slipping; Do stop whenever you feel nauseous.
About the Author
Roberto Sedycias works as IT consultant for Polomercantil