by Joyce Rothschild
Namaste:) Yoga is approximately 5000 years old and it is the best physical, mental and spiritual exercise ever.Article
Yoga (yuj) means “to control,” “to yoke”, “to unite”, “joining,” “uniting,” “union,” “conjunction,” and “means.” You will get all the benefits from this awesome exercise as soon as you start practicing. Let me share the top yoga tips with you first:
1. Learn the Benefits of Yoga: Yoga improves balance, stamina, strength, and flexibility; reduces stress and anxiety quickly.
2. Choose a yoga style: The major branches of yoga are Hatha Yoga, Karma Yoga, Juana Yoga, Bhaki Yoga, and Raja Yoga. Choose a style that matches your fitness level, personality, and health condition.
3. Drinking and Eating: Yoga is best done on an empty stomach. If possible, do not eat anything for two hours before your yoga workout.
4. Yoga Instruction: Yoga for a beginner should be done under the supervision of an experienced teacher. A skilled teacher will make corrections to postures (asanas) so you won’t injure yourself and can also offer modifications if you have any physical restrictions.
5. Where to Practice Yoga: The ideal yoga setting should be well ventilated, naturally lit, and free from distractions. You can find beginner yoga classes at many studios and gyms. Most of the time initial classes are free, so you can try different classes to see which ones you like best.
6. Beginners Yoga Kit: Before starting class, you may want to get a beginner yoga kit, which has a sticky mat, a strap, and one or two yoga blocks, a yoga video.
7. Breathing: Beginning yoga students should breathe correctly during the postures. Breathe in and out through your nose in order to breathe more deeply. Breathing helps you get relaxed and it also helps you move more deeply into the poses. If you find that you cannot breathe deeply or begin to feel tension in your body, either ease up or come out of the pose.
8. Yoga Positions: Beginnings should start out with simple poses and graduall y lead to advance one. Child’s Pose (Balasana), Downward (Facing Dog), and Dolphin Pose, are examples of Yoga positions for beginners.
9. Time: The best time for practicing yoga is early in the morning; which is a great way to start off your day and enjoy the relaxing and revitalizing effects throughout the day.
10. Temperature: Most forms of Yoga are best performed at room temperature.
11. Outfit: Loose comfortable clothing is best for yoga. You will need to wear something that enables you to perform all yoga postures without having clothing restrict your moves. Traditionally, yoga is performed without shoes or socks.
12. Duration: Ideally, yoga should be done every day and should include at least 15 minutes of exercise and 15 minutes of breathing and meditation.
To learn more about the best type of yoga (ashtanga yoga) and look for illustrations, videos and detailed true and to-the-point knowledge, you are welcome to my blog at http://easyashtanga.blogspot.com
Have a fantastic day full of happiness:)
About the Author
Joyce Rothschield is the co-founder of Easy Ashtanga http://www.easyashtanga.com which operates in Los Angeles, California for over seven years. Joyce helps expand the practice of ashtanga through making it easy with 100% organic healthy and reliable products. Joyce has been practicing ashtanga yoga for 23 years.
- High Quality Lay-Flat Binding
This book offers a scientific approach to understanding the practice of hatha yoga. Through four-color, three-dimensional illustrations of major muscles, tendons, and ligaments, Ray Long describes the practice and benefits of hatha yoga. Specific anatomical and physiological descriptions highlight the agonist, antagonist, and synergist muscles that come into play with each pose. Volume II of the series illustrates the correct muscle use during key poses of hatha yoga. From beginners to experts, this book will become a constant companion.
List Price: $ 34.95 Price: $ 22.52
ADHD Kids Before and After
Children with ADHD practice the Transcendental Meditation technique.
Video Rating: 4 / 5