Article by Trevor Johnson
Practice and you can learn how to meditate. Meditation has became very common practice within the last few years. Meditation means the ability to clear your mind of thoughts and getting deep into the mind. Beyond your physical body meditation often anywhere is the goal blocking all thoughts and sounds around you making your mind quiet. Now, learning how to train your mind is the first step in meditation. You should be in a comfortable chair and also have great posture and back straight. When you first try to meditate you don’t have to cross legs but as you get better with posture start crossing legs.
(1) Any position that is relaxing to you can work either by sitting up or lying down. Next have your eyes halfway open focusing on an object this can be any item.
(2) Take a slow deep breathe you should feel your stomach rising and falling and your chest stays still. Repeating breathing method inhaling for 3 seconds and exhaling for 6 seconds in doing so for up to 15-20 minutes.
(3) Every muscle in your body needs to relax taking away any tension you may have away.
(4) Focusing your mind can be hard sometimes your mind will want to wander. But, remember to bring your mind back to one single point. Eventually your mind will settle just on that point.
(5) Next, once you have established how to focus on one thing. Then you should try training your mind to focus on nothing clearing your mind. You will have to be determined and very disciple casting away or letting it come into your mind then releasing thought without labeling. Then returning back to a clear peaceful and quiet mind.
Lastly, when meditation try to find a quiet space free of disturbing noises. Some pick a quiet outside area listen to the natural sounds and looking at the sky or even creating a mediation room. Some people pray during meditation maybe to help find peace just being grateful for there many blessings. This can be an effective type of meditation technique.
About the Author
Find out more about how you can learn how to meditate and check out the best meditation program for you.